Our appointments are available without long waits.
At Neuron: Brain, Spine, Nerves, we specialise in the provision of medical assessments, medico-legal reports, and medical litigation opinions within the speciality of neurosurgery. Both our neurosurgeons possess academic and clinical qualifications of the highest standard and are experienced in the provision of a variety of medico-legal services. Dr Peter Lucas offers medicolegal services for all adult neurosurgical conditions, as does Dr Ali Alavi and more specifically for adult head injuries.
Our appointments are available without long waits. Our services are on-time and accurate. We use user-friendly clinical reporting templates that provide the efficiency of getting the relevant and important questions answered. At Neuron, we offer exceptional service delivery to provide the best possible outcomes and resolutions for all stakeholders involved.
Services & Information
- Managing Director at Neuron: Brain, Spine, Serves, 2009 – current
- Senior Neurosurgeon at Brisbane Private Hospital2010 – current
- Neurosurgical representative to Medical Advisory Committee Brisbane Private Hospital (Healthscope) 2016 – current
- Accreditation Committee and Patient Care Review Committee 2015 – current
- Chair of Neurosurgical morbidity and mortality review at Brisbane Private Hospital 2012 – current
- Chair of The Brisbane Neurosurgery Centre
- Neurosurgical Fellowship Addenbrookes Hospital Cambridge, UK 2008
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Neurosurgical Fellowship (FRACS) 2007
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) University of Queensland 1998
- Queensland Brian Institute Research Fellow, finalist Peter Leech Memorial Prize 2007
- AO Spine Member 2007-2018
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia Member 2007-2018
- Australian Medical Association Member 1998-2018
- Consultant Neurosurgeon at Neuron: Brain, Spine, Nerves 2018
- Clinical research fellow Cambridge, Birmingham and Nottingham 2007-2017.
- WFNS accredited skull base fellowship at International Neuroscience Institute (INI) in Hannover, Germany
- Royal college of surgeons’ senior clinical fellow in skull base neurosurgery, Leeds
- Established the Leeds endoscopic anterior skull base course and endoscopic skull base website
- Senior clinical fellow in complex spinal Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham
- Main academic interests are in neurotrauma, neuroimaging and skull base neurosurgery
- Affiliation with universities of Cambridge and Birmingham.
- Awarded pituitary prize 2016 for his research by The Society of British neurological surgeons (SBNS).
- Co-author of British Neurotrauma Group guidance in the screening and management of pituitary dysfunction following traumatic brain injury in adults.