This is a permanent position, onsite at Brisbane Private Hospital. 32 hours/week minimum.
Prefer Mon, Tues ,Thurs, Fri (but negotiable). Previous private practice specialist typing experience essential. Immediate start available. You must be reliable, flexible, a team-player and committed. We are a rapidly growing practice with neurosurgery, anaesthetics, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, research, and sessional rooms departments currently across 2 sites. You will be working in our brand-new consulting suites at Brisbane Private Hospital. You will need exceptional attention to detail, as well as fast and accurate typing skills essential, together with a strong work ethic.
Typist duties and responsibilities will include:
- Medical typing of general correspondence ie letters and reports (using Phillips dictation software) for two neurosurgeons, practice nurse, physiotherapist and occupational therapist.
- Typing of suitable duties plans, medico-legal reports, medical and physio, OT reports.
- Pre-preparing reports for surgeons, reports processing and report billing, including lots of WorkCover reports.
- General medical administration work if any overflow from reception.
To be successful in your application you will have:
• Minimum typing speed of 80wpm with high level accuracy
• Experience in medical typing roles, ideally working within a specialist practice
$25-32/hour depending on experience
Apply with resume
- Located at Rooms Bayside, Capalaba
- Maternity contract from September 2019
- Part-time 3 days/week
- Multiple specialists – neurosurgeon
- Physiotherapy reception
- Genie software
As the successful applicant –
- You have a strong work ethic and work well independently
- You are friendly, calm and personable
- You will work well in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritise and multi-task
- You will work collaboratively with other administrative and clinical team members
- You demonstrate a commitment to person-centred care through exceptional communication skills, customer service
- You have an understanding of patient confidentiality
- You present professionally and courteously at all times
- You are wanting to be involved in a dynamic growing business
- You are flexible and a fast-learner
- You are organised with attention to detail
- You have personal alignment to our values
Your key day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- meet and greet patients for multiple medical specialists,
- appointment bookings using genie software for physio and surgeon,
- phone answering,
- Eftpos payment processing,
- Hicaps processing,
- Medicare rebate processing,
- WorkCover portal claiming
- DVA claiming
- Preparing specialist rooms with linen,
- preparing physio space with towels, tidying,
- preparing mail-outs of marketing material
- social media marketing posts
- Experience in physio and/or medical reception
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Full Australian Working Entitlements
Desirable but not essential Criteria
- Experience in Genie Solutions software
- Experience in physiotherapy reception
- Skilled in use of Microsoft office suite including xcel
- Social media marketing
A great opportunity to join a growing business and friendly team.
Please submit your application letter with resume to email@example.com